Moulton Lava

Moultonic Musings

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, April 22, 2013

Propinquity

Title: Propinquity
Performers: Friends of Jahar
Songwriters: Michael Nesmith and Barsoom Tork Associates
YouTube: Propinquity — Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
YouTube: Propinquity — Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (BBC "Sherlock and Molly")

I've known for a long time
The kind of guy you are
Of a smile that covered teardrops
The way your head yields to your hurt

Of things you've kept inside
That most folks could not bear
I've known you for a long time
But I've just begun to care

Robin Young, WBUR
Jahar and Zolan
Yes, I've known of all the heartaches
And I've known of all the strain
I've seen you when the sun shines
And I've seen you now in pain

I've seen you send a look of fear
From just an icy stare
Well, I've known you for a long time
But I've just begun to care

I know I've been blind
To not have truly known you all this time
But the image of you was not clear
I guess I've been standing too near

It's taken me a while
But I have finally found
What you are about
And that's what really counts

And what you are about
Is something we can share
Well, I've known you for a long time
But I've just begun to care

Yes, I've known you for a long time
But I've just begun to care

CopyClef 2013, Michael Nesmith and Barsoom Tork Associates.
Resurrection Hackware, All Wrongs Reversed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moulton said...

Zolan Kanno-Youngs of The Boston Globe talks about his friendship with Jahar when they were classmates together in high school at Cambridge Rindge and Latin.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Moulton said...

Three years ago, after the Boston Marathon bombing, our local (and now national) NPR journalist, Robin Young, reported that her nephew, Zolan Kanno-Youngs had been a classmate of Jahar Tsarnayev, and that she had hosted the high-school graduation party where Jahar and Zolan were both present.

Now Zolan (who is also a journalist) and one of his friends have produced an award-winning movie about that experience.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Moulton said...

Legal group believes new jurors would sympathize with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev ~Boston Herald

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should not have been tried in Boston, appellate lawyers say ~Mass Live

Boston Marathon Bomber’s Lawyers Want Death Sentence Tossed ~CBS Boston / Associated Press

Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Appeals Conviction, Death Sentence ~The Daily Beast

Tsarnaev Jurors' Answers On Death Penalty, Islam Released ~WBUR Boston's NPR News Station

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home